1. That humans are a self-healing species.
2. The infinitude of people wiser and more talented than I, because of whom I will always be able to learn more, see differently, understand better, and generally be entertained.
3. That anytime something hasn’t worked out the way I wanted it to initially, something better did. Always. Without fail.
4. My brother. He’s 5, and he fell asleep on me while I was writing this. (I’m with my family for Thanksgiving.)
5. The abundance of foods and cultures and restaurants and diners that exist in my little corner of the world, and that I get to taste a little bit of everything as often as I like.
6. I have never once in my life worried about being too cold in the winter because I couldn’t afford a sweater or jacket.
7. Friends who have loved me more than I loved myself, and who taught…
View original post 538 more words